Join the team at eWater
Can you use your skills to make a positive impact for the water industry in Australia and beyond?
We are an Australian not-for-profit water management and technology company. Through our eWater Solutions business arm, we offer capacity building, modelling tools and technical support in the water resource management sector in Australia and overseas. eWater also manages the recently formed Australian Water Partnership, a DFAT-funded initiative that is bringing together the Australian water and development sectors to support countries in the Indo-Pacific region as they grow their water resource management capability.
eWater Ltd (EWL) is the controlling company of two distinct, unincorporated businesses: eWater Solutions (EWS) and the Australian Water Partnership (AWP). Each business has its own CEO and is operationally governed by a respective EWL Board Committee, whose role is to assist the eWater Ltd Board in the discharge of its responsibility to exercise due care and diligence in relation to the operational governance, business performance, financial reporting, legal and regulatory compliance and matters of risk.
EWL operates a Corporate Services Unit (CSU) which provides a range of business services to EWS and AWP, under a Corporate Services Agreement. The CSU also supports the governance operations of the Board and all committees (including the positions of Company Secretary and Public Officer). The CSU is overseen by EWL Executive Director, Gary Jones, to whom this position reports
We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff. We are committed to creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place, where highly creative people can do great things working together, and with our collaborating partners.
- You will have broad skills relevant to the job advertised so that you can support our mission.
- You must have an interest in science/environment, IT or professional services. You will have relevant experience drawn from working in a sciences or water organisation.
- We need you to combine your skills with the can-do spirit of our teams. You will be persuasive and effective working in a positive team culture.
- You will have a passion for what you do and the ability to focus and deliver results.
We welcome enquiries as well as applications for current openings below.
Experienced (2-5 years), full-time
The primary role of this position is to generate targeted revenue from the technical sales of software/training/other services offered by eWater's MUSIC business unit and to provide technical support to MUSIC and Urban Developer users.
This is an incentive based position. The salary package is up to $100,000, plus superannuation.
- Generate targeted revenue from the technical sales of software/training/other services offer by eWater's MUSIC Business unit
- Provide technical support to MUSIC and Urban Developer Users
- Work in conjunction with other hydrologists/engineers to ensure the successful implementation of specified functionality into MUSIC and related software
- Design, test and document components of MUSIC and Urban Developer
- Help in delivering the MUSIC business units organisational objectives
- Assist the documentation and training team with the translation of complex scientific concepts into supporting materials for the software
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor/master degree in a civil/water/environmental engineering or science
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and commitment to earning revenue against targeted goals
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computer applications in addition to Microsoft Office applications
Professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Urban stormwater design
- Hydrological and water quality modelling
- Water system modelling
- Commercial technical sales and/or support experience
Please submit to:
All applicants should submit a CV and covering letter outlining their suitability, measured against the position description. Only applicants considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 31 August 2015.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide quality-assured systems, services and policies to support the effective, efficient and safe delivery of eWater Limited (EWL) business activities, in Australia and overseas.
You will lead a small EWL Corporate Services Unit (CSU) that manages financial and compliance reporting, contracting, human resources and payroll management, and IT services. The CSU also provides a range of contracting, project management and customer & sales support systems and services to EWL’s two business arms – eWater Solutions (EWS) and the Australian Water Partnership (AWP) - under a corporate services agreement. In addition, as Company Secretary, you will support the operations of the eWater Limited Board.
Primary position responsibilities include:
- Implementation and maintenance of business systems to support project management, product sales and enterprise resource planning
- Advising and assisting the Finance Manager in the provision of monthly and annual financial reports to Management and to the Board.
- Implementation and maintenance of ISO9001 quality management systems
- Contract and tender administration
- Maintenance of Business policies and systems incl. risk management
- Overseeing general business administration incl. HR and payroll
- Managing proceedings of the Board (as Company Secretary), including coordinating the annual external audit.
- Management of a small finance, IT and administration team (c. 5-6 FTE)
You will also support the eWater Executive in a range of other activities as required, including strategic and operational planning.
- Have significate expertise and experience in all areas relevant to the position, including significant project or program leader roles in a project-based business
- Have a strong internal client focus and commitment to providing high quality services.
- Take ownership of problems and actively consider and present solutions to solve them
- Be flexible and adaptable with a willingness to take on a range of management issues and tasks
- Be able to effectively manage team workflow and meet deadlines
- Have an ability to work with your colleagues as part of the eWater team in a constructive and friendly manner
- Be an open communicator who ensures there are 'no surprises' for colleagues affected by the decisions you make
Extensive experience in a commercial business environment with:
- Financial management and reporting
- Contract management and administration
- Development and implementation of business policies, processes & systems
- Team and personnel management and
- A have a demonstrable ability to work on a friendly, cooperative basis with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Commercial risk assessment and management
- Corporate governance practices and procedures and
- Have relevant professional qualifications
Applications by email addressing each of the essential and desirable selection criteria along with covering letter and resume to:
Amanda O’Rourke Executive Search
0452 199 031
Closing date: Monday 7 September 2015
Full-time, permanent position
Package, developer $70,000 - $90,000 (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience)
What you get
- A developer friendly environment with a lot of control over processes and tools
- A lot of coding
- An interesting and challenging domain
- A high degree of automation
- SCRUM with monthly builds
- This job includes a requirement to travel, albeit infrequently
What you need
- C# .net (or different object orientated language skills such as Java)
- Ability to pick up abstract concepts quickly
- Experience with some of the tools / technologies we use: WPF, Mercurial, TeamCity,
- Jira/Confluence, ReSharper, Test Complete, WIX
- Experience with GIS
- Engineering / Maths / Science background
Please email your CV to email@example.com