Join the team at eWater
Can you use your skills to make a positive impact for the water industry in Australia and beyond?
We are a public not-for-profit organisation, with company members across the Australian public water industry. Our mission is to build, support and apply eco-hydrological modelling capability in Australia and internationally. We do this through continuing research, development, training, application and support of our fully integrated water resources modelling system – eWater Source – and its many supporting utility models in the eWater Toolkit (http://www.toolkit.net.au/).
We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff. We are committed to creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place, where highly creative people can do great things working together, and with our collaborating partners.
- You will have broad skills relevant to the job advertised so that you can support our mission.
- You must have an interest in science/environment, IT or professional services. You will have relevant experience drawn from working in a sciences or water organisation.
- We need you to combine your skills with the can-do spirit of our teams. You will be persuasive and effective working in a positive team culture.
- You will have a passion for what you do and the ability to focus and deliver results.
We welcome enquiries as well as applications for current openings below.
Full-time, permanent position
Package, developer $70,000 - $90,000 (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience)
eWater is a public not-for-profit organisation, that develops and applies eco-hydrological modelling capability in Australia and internationally. We do this through our main application “Source” and its many supporting utility models in the eWater Toolkit.
The team has 8 hydrologists, 5 developers, a tester / automated GUI tester, help desk staff and community support staff.
What you get
- A developer friendly environment with a lot of control over processes and tools
- A lot of coding
- An interesting and challenging domain
- A high degree of automation
- SCRUM with monthly builds
- This job includes a requirement to travel, albeit infrequently
What you need
- C# .net (or different object orientated language skills such as Java)
- Ability to pick up abstract concepts quickly
- Experience with some of the tools / technologies we use: WPF, Mercurial, TeamCity,
- Jira/Confluence, ReSharper, Test Complete, WIX
- Experience with GIS
- Engineering / Maths / Science background
Please submit applications with cover letter addressing all selection criteria and CV. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. For more information and submission:
Full-time, permanent position
Operating under the direction of the Customer Care Manager, The primary role of this position is to work with the Customer Care Manager to develop content, organise and promote eWater training courses in Australia and Internationally.
The role involves (selection criteria):
- Development and maintenance of Source documentation (User Guide and Scientific Reference Guide) including coordination with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Develop content to meet a range of eWater Solutions marketing and communications needs
- Facilitate active knowledge transfer through assisting in the coordination of training, community events and eWater Solution's online community of practice
- Assist in the triage and resolution of customer support requests with a working knowledge of eWater Solutions resources, products and capabilities
- Other duties as required
Skills & Competencies
- 2-5 years full-time professional experience or equivalent
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritise in a busy work environment
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply creative and lateral thinking to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computer applications in addition to Microsoft Office applications
- A degree in a relevant discipline
Professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Urban stormwater design
- Hydrology / water quality modelling
- Water system modelling
- Commercial technical sales and/or support experience
Please submit applications with a cover letter that addresses your experience and suitability against the selection criteria, skills and competencies. For more information and submission: