Join the team at eWater
Can you use your skills to make a positive impact for the water industry in Australia and beyond?
We are an Australian not-for-profit water management and technology company. Through our eWater Solutions business arm, we offer capacity building, modelling tools and technical support in the water resource management sector in Australia and overseas. eWater also manages the recently formed Australian Water Partnership, a DFAT-funded initiative that is bringing together the Australian water and development sectors to support countries in the Indo-Pacific region as they grow their water resource management capability.
eWater Ltd (EWL) is the controlling company of two distinct, unincorporated businesses: eWater Solutions (EWS) and the Australian Water Partnership (AWP). Each business has its own CEO and is operationally governed by a respective EWL Board Committee, whose role is to assist the eWater Ltd Board in the discharge of its responsibility to exercise due care and diligence in relation to the operational governance, business performance, financial reporting, legal and regulatory compliance and matters of risk.
EWL operates a Corporate Services Unit (CSU) which provides a range of business services to EWS and AWP, under a Corporate Services Agreement. The CSU also supports the governance operations of the Board and all committees (including the positions of Company Secretary and Public Officer). The CSU is overseen by EWL Executive Director, Gary Jones, to whom this position reports
We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff. We are committed to creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place, where highly creative people can do great things working together, and with our collaborating partners.
- You will have broad skills relevant to the job advertised so that you can support our mission.
- You must have an interest in science/environment, IT or professional services. You will have relevant experience drawn from working in a sciences or water organisation.
- We need you to combine your skills with the can-do spirit of our teams. You will be persuasive and effective working in a positive team culture.
- You will have a passion for what you do and the ability to focus and deliver results.
We welcome enquiries as well as applications for current openings below.
Full-time, permanent position
What you get
- A developer friendly environment with a lot of control over processes and tools
- A lot of coding
- An interesting and challenging domain
- A high degree of automation
- SCRUM with monthly builds
- This job includes a requirement to travel, albeit infrequently
What you need
- C# .net (or different object orientated language skills such as Java)
- Ability to pick up abstract concepts quickly
- Experience with some of the tools / technologies we use: WPF, Mercurial, TeamCity,
- Jira/Confluence, ReSharper, Test Complete, WIX
- Experience with GIS
- Engineering / Maths / Science background
Please email your CV to email@example.com