Access & licensing
There are two types of Source versions / licences – the full version of Source (paid licence), and Source (public version) which is a free limited version. See Overview for more information on Source (public version).
Single and discounted multi-copy licences are available for the full version of Source. To obtain a licence, please email us at email@example.com
Core Government agencies who contribute to NHMP get "free" access to the full version of Source and the Source Modelling Community for as many individuals as required.
Accessing the software
You can download the Source software and resources – including documentation and community plugins – from the eWater Toolkit (www.toolkit.net.au). The Toolkit is your 'one-stop shop' for water and catchment management utility tools backed by a community of practice.
You need an active Toolkit account (free), which also gives you access to many other freeware tools – such as Eco Modeller, eFlow Predictor, Rainfall-Runoff Library and TIME – the Best Practice Modelling Guidelines and the eWater forum.
Getting started with Source (public version)
The following are instructions on how to download Source (public version), the free version of Source.
- Log into the eWater Toolkit, or sign up as a new member (after signing up, you will need to verify your email address by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- Once you have logged in, go to the Source (public version) product page (Tools > Source (public version)).
- Click on Download software (left-hand menu), then read and agree to the Product Licence Agreement.
- On the next page select the correct software installer for your computer system.
- Once downloaded, run the installer file and follow the prompts to install Source.
Outlined below are the minimum and recommended system requirements for installing and using Source. Note that software installation may require the assistance of a system administrator.
|Minimum requirements (performance issues)|
Up to 5GB of available space may be required, and maintaining a free hard disk space of at least 16GB is recommended.
If using Insight, you will also need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, 32-bit version (for both 32 and 64-bit machines): available here.
Note: Standard laptop drives are not recommended for optimum performance.
Installation & Documentation
For instructions on how to install, launch and use Source, please visit our Source Documentation wiki at https://wiki.ewater.org.au/display/SD37/Getting+started