Advanced Water Management with eWater Source
This two-day course explores advanced topics such as: applying rules-based orders to a river management system, introduction to water resource assessment within a river basin model, application of water restrictions, and exploring trade-offs between customised objective functions using eWater optimisation tools.
Depending on the particular interests of registered participants, the advanced course may include-
Data Processing Tools
Advanced scenario management
- Using input sets to easily simulate and change between different model conditions such as wet, dry, high development and low development
- Linking scenarios
- Using the scenario transfer node
- comparing scenario for changes
- Priority Ordering
- Advanced Rules Based Ordering
Full agenda coming soon...
Dr Geoffrey Adams
Who should attend
This training is aimed at professionals (e.g. engineering and environmental) in local government, consultancies, waterway agencies and research organisations. It should be of particular interest for consultancies hoping to work for the key state and federal jurisdictions in the process of implementing Source as the National Hydrological Modelling Platform.
Hydrological modellers interested in creating base river planning models from which to explore the effects of various water sharing plan rules, and climatic, infrastructure and operating condition changes in their systems will benefit most from this course.
- Training materials containing: user manual (online and downloadable), presentation notes and worked examples
- Meals (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- Use of Source software for the duration of the course, computers provided.
Locations, dates & registration
To help you get more out of Source for your modelling projects, we also offer customised courses. Please send us an enquiry.