Stormwater modelling using MUSIC: Refresher course
This one-day refresher course caters for those needing to refresh their MUSIC modelling skills or become adept in the latest version of MUSIC (v6). Attendees may have previously completed the Fundamentals course, however it is not a prerequisite.
Participants gain a greater understanding of the theory behind MUSIC and its application to successfully model stormwater treatment. Practice using MUSIC with series of stormwater treatment scenarios and develop a model for a real urban development.
The topics are tailored to the learning requirements of attendees, and typically include highly interactive discussions.
Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) is discussed throughout the workshop. Real WSUD example projects are described and discussed, as well as recommended procedures for the planning and design of the most appropriate WSUD strategies for site conditions and constraints.
Training materials containing: user manual (online and downloadable), presentation notes and worked examples
Meals (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
Use of MUSIC software for the duration of the course (USB dongle), please bring your laptop – view system requirements.
Who should attend
MUSIC training is aimed at professionals (engineering and environmental) in local government, consultancies and waterway and catchment management agencies.
This workshop is appropriate for those who have completed the Fundamentals course previously (however it is not a prerequisite), and would like to refresh their knowledge.
Why you should attend
- Learn how simulating the performance of stormwater quality improvement measures can help in urban water management
- Determine whether proposed systems can meet specified water quality guidelines and objectives
- Save time in developing the best design for your site
- Learn more efficient ways to create your models
- Techniques for designing your treatment train
- Time saving tips and tricks
- An opportunity to learn technical expertise from a leading WSUD practitioner
- Network with other stormwater specialists, trade ideas and contact details
- Put yourself at the forefront of the stormwater industry marketplace
Locations, dates & registration
View our upcoming course calendar and register online for the following capital cities (courses run 9am–5pm):
Early bird prices are available (ends 1 month prior).
We accept online and phone payments by MasterCard, VISA, PayPal and bank transfer.