Improve water efficiency and save infrastructure costs.
Urban Developer is the latest urban water modelling product from eWater and augments the market leading WSUD product, MUSIC.
What does it do?
- water- by developing and evaluating integrated strategies that promote more efficient use of water resources
- money- by streamlining the design process, finding innovative solutions and costing them, and reducing wastage (with water reuse options and fit-for-demand water infrastructure)
- time- by streamling the design process.
Some of the decisions that Urban Developer can support
What infrastructure mix will:
- meet stormwater peak flow reduction and detention requirements?
- meet stormwater quality improvement targets?
- reduce consumptions of mains supply?
- decrease runoff days to local streams?
- maximise developable land?
Why it is an important tool for the industry?
Policy frameworks and decisions are becoming increasingly complex.
Regulators are encouraging alternatives options and more efficient use of water resources.
It can support stakeholder engagement and the decision-making processes by demonstrating outcomes of options.
Solutions emphasise integrated or total water cycle management for the purpose of water sensitive urban design.
Who should use Urban Developer?
For regulators, utilities and local government
Urban Developer can help water regulators, local government and utilities to develop and refine targets, requirements and policies for urban developments. It can help to inform guidelines for, and assessment of IUWM, also referred to as Total Water Cycle Management (TWCM), to:
- meet mains water consumption targets, at particular scales
- reduce ecological impacts of urban development on catchments
- improve local and regional water security
- increase the longevity of existing infrastructure.
Urban Developer can show how reuse measures and the application of demand management devices or infrastructure can be linked to meeting water use and water quality targets. For example, the impact of tank use on runoff and on mains water use.
Local governments can use Urban Developer to:
- assess consent metrics, (eg potable water reduction target and peak runoff) in a single framework that accounts for linkages between strategies
- meet these targets evaluate council management strategies and programs in terms of stated water quantity objectives.
For consultants, land developers and building designers
Urban Developer can reduce project costs (infrastructure and associated contributions) and add value (water use reductions and environmental sustainability) by supporting Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) to establish waterwise developments or buildings. It can also demonstrate these benefits to communities, households and businesses. Urban Developer can:
- assist the design of a development for input into land development applications
- assess IUWM scenarios using a consistent evaluation framework
- analyse stormwater, potable and wastewater interrelationships, including infrastructure issues, in the context of ecosystem response and potentially changed infrastructure requirements
- show how IUWM scenarios meet (or don't meet) legislative requirements and local targets.
Licensing & Pricing
There are three licence types available for purchase. Please see the pricing and descriptions below.
For a custom quote, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300-5-WATER.
The software can also be purchased online at licensing.ewater.com.au
Urban Developer Single Computer licence
For a single user accessing the software on a single computer. The software and licence key is downloadable from our website.
Urban Developer Single User USB Dongle
For a single user at a time, the software can be installed on multiple computers. Software requires the USB key to activate the software.
Urban Developer Network licensing (multiple users)
For organisations who wish to share a licence/s via their network. Users must be connected to the network to access a licence.
From $5,599.00 for one concurrent user
(please contact us for additional user licences)
|Ongoing annual support and maintenance renewal per licence cost (applicable from second year onwards)||$693.00|
|Discounts are available for multiple licence orders||Contact us for more information|
|Urban Developer Single Computer short term rental licences||Contact us for more information|
- Prices subject to change
- Prices are for Australian market only. Please contact us for international pricing.
- Support & Maintenance is included for all first year purchases of Urban Developer. To be eligible for updates, Support & Maintenance must be current and cover the life of the licence. Updates must be installed while Support & Maintenance is active. Failure to install updates during this period may result in full licence fees being payable to acquire updates.
- For USB dongle purchases (single user and network) please allow 3-5 business days for delivery from date of payment.
eWater researchers are working with partners as they refine the tools and user interface on the basis of real world simulations. This process enhances local understanding of the capability of eWater tools in the operating environment.
Click on the button below to view some of the available case studies.
Dr Matthew Hardy talks about the eWater urban products.
For support enquiries phone 1300 592 837 (AEST business hours) or email us.
eWater offers two support packages. Standard support is included in the licence price and is provided with every purchase of Urban Developer. Premium support is available for a separate annual fee and is the best choice for organisations where Urban Developer is a mission critical application.
Currently there are no scheduled courses for Urban Developer. Please contact us to discuss your training requirements.