Source accommodates diverse climatic, geographic, water policy and governance settings for both Australian and international climatic conditions.
At eWater, we aim to deliver training built around a framework of accomplishing your specific modelling objectives. Packages will include elements of problem exploration, best practice modelling and case studies as well as relevant functionality of the eWater software suite.
View our course calendar for upcoming dates, or view course types below.
Source Online – Catchments
Source Online – Rivers
Source Fundamentals Training Course
This two-day course introduces the basic concepts of creating integrated catchment and river system planning models. Attendees will learn how constructing catchment models and running simulations for a range of scenarios helps to assess the impacts of catchment management practices on water quantity and quality outcomes.Source Fundamentals Course Details
Advanced Training Courses
Advanced Topics in Source Hydrological Modelling
This course builds on the Fundamentals Course, delving into more complex features and applications of Source.
- Functions Manager
- Results Manager, exploring full capability and statistics
- Water User and Irrigator Demand Model
- urban demands, including climate dependent demand and restrictions
- environmental flows and demands
- processing orders
- advanced features of a river system model, including storages, weirs and wetlands
The Fundamentals Course is a pre-requisite for this Advanced Hydrological Modelling Course.
Source Catchments and Water Quality Modelling Specialist
This course builds on the Fundamentals Course, delving into more complex features and applications of the catchments and water Source.
- advanced calibration
- water quality modelling and calibration
- understanding potential changes to water quality
- assessing water quality remediation options
- surface-groundwater interactions
The Fundamentals course is a pre-requisite for this specialist course.
Source Water Resources Assessment and Water Sharing Specialist
Advanced Source users can further their skills by taking this specialist course. Participants will learn how to develop and use sophisticated models to support all areas of water resource assessment and planning.
- models as a planning tool
- establishing a baseline
- scenarios – choosing, developing and applying scenarios
- resource assessment and accounting – assessing available water resources and distributing allocations
- water accounting and sharing
- Assign, track, manage and reassign an owner’s share of water as it moves through the river system
- Evaluate daily operation decisions and develop seasonal operating plans
- Multi-objective optimisation
- Optimised Ordering (NetLP)
The Advanced course is a pre-requisite for this specialist course.
Source Customisation Specialist
This course is designed for ICT Professionals who want to develop customised plugins to work with the Source software.
The course will cover:
- how Source customisation works
- existing plugins
- requirements for developing plugins
- how to develop a plugin
- sharing plugins
Participants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in C#/.NET programming environments.
Customised / in-house course
For tailored regional and international training, please send us an enquiry and we will work with you to develop a course outline to meet your specific requirements.Source customised / in-house course details
OR Call us on : 1300 5 WATER / 61 2 6206 8637 (for international)