Juanita is a Hydrologist and Spatial Scientist with 35 years’ experience in the water resources sector, in Australia and South Africa.
For 24 years, Juanita worked at the South African Department of Water Affairs, where she was involved in projects applying hydrological modelling, water quality analysis, monitoring network design and the provision of spatial solutions for aquatic habitat assessments and information to support catchment- and national-scale decision making. This often required working in multidisciplinary teams with scientists from various universities and research institutions to achieve technical solutions.
From 2010 to 2012 she was part of the team which produced the Bureau of Meteorology’s first Australian Water Resources Assessment report. She also has experience as a trainer and in providing client software support.
- BSc(Hons) Hyd, BSc(Hons) / MSc Geog
- 2012 MSc (Geography), University of the Free State, South Africa
- 2005 Higher Diploma in Education, University of Natal, South Africa
- 1998 BSc (Hons) Geography-GIS, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- 1984 BSc (Hons) Hydrology, University of Natal, South Africa